Het wordt tijd dat er gezonde democratische, rationele en professionele beslissingen genomen worden om het internationale voetbal gezond te maken en te stoppen met het “One country-One vote” gedoe. Een eiland in het Caribisch gebied heeft dezelfde rechten als grote landen als Duitsland, Engeland, Nederland, Brazilie, Argentinie etc. en andere landen die op basis van hun aantal leden en prestaties uit het verleden meer verantwoordelijkheid behoren te krijgen. Onderstaand is een aanzet die ik graag aan de bestuurders van de profclubs en hun internationale organisatie wil geven als een mogelijke suggestie.
I had a great chance to work in IBM and find out and contributed to the way a global entity can be managed successfully. For a much shorter time I had a chance to lead Ajax and participate in the G!4 group. Below is my observation on priorities for global professional football.
If there is a massive advertising campaign around the theme “respect” or “love football” one starts to wonder. Either you behave like it, or you don’t- in both cases spending money on these virtues is a waste.
The football world needs restructuring. For the hundreds of million boys and girls, men and women it is important to enjoy a truly fair competition at the highest international level.
To achieve that, I would favour the following changes:
1. Football is a global sport and fair competition for international games means that rules for contracting, buying and selling players have to be the same
2. Clubs are the basis for football . Professional clubs need to accept the common “Rules for contracting players”, including regulation of transfers to other clubs and other countries.
3. A new global organization (Football Executive Committee) must be established with a representative from each of the 6 continents. Voting rights must recognize the number of organized football players as well as the historic performance of national teams and opportunities for development in specific countries. Example of Weighing factors of 40, 40, 20 for respectively Size, Historic Perfomance, Development potential. The FIFA President is selected for 4 years by the Executive Committee
4. Hosting venues selection based on a 20 year cycle, e.g. 2 x Europe, 1 time Asia, the America’s, Asia/ANZ. Selection of organizing country (countries) to be done by the executives from the region(s)
5. Financing from external sources not related to football must be regulated.. Money has to be earned from sponsor contracts (with a true commercial goal), members, season ticket holders and other football related income. The role of public or private shareholders must be defined.